Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Oil, Armageddon and China

My Forbes online subscription rocks. I get all of their lists - "Best Alcoholic Drinks To Make You Fat"; "Expensive Houses You Will Feel Guilty About Buying For The Rest Of Your Life"; and "Movers and Shakers: Be Another Petty Earthling And Follow What Other Supremely Rich Earthlings Are Purchasing".

Their article today, "It's Only the Beginning" (David A. Andelman), is pretty much the most scary, dour article I think I have ever read in a nonfiction publication. Dude, it's not like I don't fear the end of the world anyway, and have nightmares about living on some raft aka "Waterworld", eating squirmy fishies that are acid rain green, and developing biceps the size of dumbbells due to paddling around all day. My poor kid will have dreads, but will still be cuter than that weirdo "Waterworld" twerp with the shaggy hair. My man, who absolutely detests any kind of physical labor, would most likely get stabbed for steak in the midst of one of my PMS rages "What do you mean you didn't fillet the fish!?!"

Anyway, read it. Absorb the most persuasive viewpoint (from the economist/political perspective) of why you need to buy a bike tomorrow.
Find out why you will get rich with me when we invest in hybrid, alterna-teen energies.

"It's Only the Beginning" (David A. Andelman)
http://www.forbes.com/2005/08/25/oil-reserves-china-commentary-cx_daa_0825chinaoil.html?partner=commentary_newsletter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home