Monday, December 06, 2004

Sweet thing to do for your sweetie

So I need to post an entry that is positive. Ever since my ultra-nice English teacher in high school told me how negative I was, I am now even more self-critical about the amount of whining, bitching and moaning I truly do. It is not as if I only view the negative, I just end up sounding sappy and stoned when I start talking about the things that make me happy.

My boyfriend did something this weekend that made me really happy. I have heard of quite a few really sweet things you can do for your sweetie, so I thought I would share in case you need pointers.

I am now going to call my boyfriend "Zee". I hate that word, "boyfriend". It sounds so uncommitted, doesn't it?

My ex and his wife were coming to visit this weekend, and like usual I was stressing about having to come home from work on Friday and clean house. I understand that a lot of people do that crap, but when you commute almost three hours per day, that really sucks. If I can drag my ass out the door when I get home and go to the gym I am lucky. And you can't give me that shit about how housecleaning is exercise.

So anyway, usually by the time I get to where I can houseclean I end up doing laundry. I have no earthly idea how a household of three goes through so much laundry, considering my daughter runs around half-nekkid like some hooligan most of the time. Don't accuse me of being a bad mother because I won't make her get dressed. Apparently I had a nudist issue as a child, too, and I know her Dad is a nudist. I mean, tell the truth. Don't you feel better about yourself nekkid?

Folding and hanging up the laundry is the worst part. It does make me feel enormously better because I hate to do it so much, but I honestly would rather scrub grout or clean the toilet.

I am on my way home Fri., and like usual traffic sucks, and my mind is floating in eighty different directions, and I am realizing my car smells funny. I pull down the last stretch of "Georgia highway" (this can be anything from a two laner to a 6 lane road - completely weird to call it a highway if you ask me) and I am hauling ass like usual and I pass this ridiculously cute yellow car. I am in the left lane fixing to merge into the right (another GA anomaly) so I speed up to about 80 and cut in front of the yellow car, which is driving slow (50, I am a moron) and holding up traffic. It is only after I bother to check the rearview to scope the hood that I realize it is my dad driving home my grandma's recently restored Ford Ranchero from the restoration guy's shop. Whoops. I picked up my daughter from day care, and went up to my Parent's house to grab my very first plastic christmas tree that was still sitting in my mom's truck 2 weeks after purchase, and all of the online purchases that I had sent to their house, and continue ogling the car. Commit to dinner as long as my ex hasn't shown yet. Try to call zee to make sure ex isn't at my house waiting for me but he doesn't answer the phone so I start growling. Tell my poor parents they have to wait on my company - I will call them from home when I confirm that ex isn't there.

Drive home loaded down with plastic christmas tree, UPSed boxes, and a very hyperactive 5 year old. Pray towards the Valium God. Consider doing a chinese firedrill at the railroad tracks just to get out of the car.

Pull up at house and notice the neighbor's ungodly christmas decorations, including the scary 8 foot tall Frosty that makes me shake. Open my front door - and - WHALA! - my house is impeccable. I am not kidding when I tell you that Zee busted his ass cleaning that place before I got home. Furniture rearranged the right way to accomodate my massive tree, dusted, vacuumed, scrubbed, put away and swept. My anxiety disappeared out the door and I let out the biggest sigh of relief. My Friday felt solved, ya know? That kind of contentment usually only comes from sex.

Consider this an option for your mate if they are ridiculously stressed and could use a perk. Just thinking about it makes me all warm and tingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home