Thursday, July 07, 2005

ARE YOU A GREEN POTTER FREAK?

Harry Potter's next book comes out next week. Environmental groups, including the World Wildlife Fund, are encouraging American consumers to forgo purchasing the US version of the book from Scholastic.

Instead, look online and opt for the fully recycled version issued by Raincoast Books. I looked up where you need to go to do this:

http://services.raincoast.com/scripts/b2b.wsc/main.htm.

I am personally a paperback junkie, and have no clue why people bother to buy hardback books. You can't comfortably read them in bed and they make you feel anal retentive about keeping the binding and cover pretty. Besides, Z let me know last night about one of my idiosyncrasies that "doesn't bother me". When he climbs in to bed, he removes my book from underneath his pillow and places it on the bedside table, if he doesn't just chuck it on the floor. I don't think a hardcover would withstand all that movement.

ANYWAY - buy the recycled version. New Age pseudo-fans for the Earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home