Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Early Week Happy-Nings

So I've been in a little bit of a funky place. Spending Friday dealing with my Mother's histrionics kind of set off my sinus infection in a really nice way. Add that to work-related stress. Mix up with a little cold weather, and you have a genuine Snewo blue state.

Winter sucks. Have I mentioned that? I keep thinking about my childhood - growing up in a place where you only needed a sweatshirt-hoodie as your winter layering attire. By 11 AM, it was 70 degrees again, and you could go back to your t-shirt. Where am I and why am I here again?

Anyway, I just got off the phone with my lovely Transplanted Philly Girl (www.transplantedgirl.blogspot.com) and our conversation definitely lifted my mood. The Python got a new job, you see. For the first time in years she is actually working in an environment that is positive and enriches her creative soul. I am absolutely tickled. It has been horrific hearing about her tribulations - trying to acclimate to a totally new state/culture and then having a really crappy job to boot.

I like to hear that people are doing well, especially those that I love. It comforts me. I don't have to worry, or send my emotional rays into the universe when I'm seeking relief for them.

Wonderful news. The tide may be changing.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home