Friday, February 17, 2006

This Week Friday Is Not My Favorite Day

I'm really starting to sound bitchy, you know? Screw you people. What the hell do you know anyway?

So I'm sitting here in my nightie, sipping coffee with too much splenda. I've had 3.5 hours of sleep and I'm on Day 18 of the Great-Snewo-February-Is-Sinus-Infection-Month.

I actually called work at 2:30 AM and left a message that I would be out today. Fuck propriety. I had this weird night, you see.

11 PM I was in bed, trying to sleep. My head hurt like the dickens and the back of my neck was throbbing in this pulse-thingie down my spine. My body was exhausted, and I really didn't want to move it. My head wouldn't stop racing.

So by 11:30 PM I was back in on the computer, looking for jobs. I found one, by the way. Those are kind of slim pickings if you ask me.

Sex, popsicles, and reviewing Willie Nelson videos with Z didn't put me out. Reading more of what is turning out to be a really good book (Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0451166892/104-0597707-8566356?v=glance&n=283155) didn't put me out either.

Which puts me back at 2:30 AM, where I left a message stating I would not be driving 3 hours today.

And my Dad's favorite Dog is lost. My mother called me in a frantic, Wellbutrin/Legal Speed enhanced panic around 5:30 AM. Told me not to bring Charlotte to her house today if I was taking off of work. Kind of ruined my plans of actually sitting in a quiet place and doing some writing on a project due Wednesday (can't write at work. Too many hyperactive imbeciles dashing around, demanding emotional expenditure). Thus feeling resentful because I will have to take a Vacation Day today, although I will most likely get as much done here as I would there. Perhaps more work here. I mean, Damn. I can actually take meaningful, inspiring breaks here. At work all I can do is go walking around when I need an escape. Here I can go take sex breaks and then come back rejuvenated, inspired, and contented.

So let's pray for accomplishment today. I freaking need it. And a clear head. And I need my antibiotics to work. And I need my Dad's dog to get found.


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home