Friday, December 10, 2004

SLACKER DAY! YAY!

Oh yes, I so did not go to work today... in fact, it is now 3 PM and I have been officially awake for an hour. Whatta life. I understand that sleeping in can get a little old. Usually when you start living so that you don't wake up til afternoon, your bedtime starts to correspond - ie. going dancing til 5 am then drinking a bottle of red to put ya out - so you really don't end up getting those luscious 12-14 hour sleep escapes. However, poor little me is running on a standard 4.5-5 per night, during the week, and it makes me feel absolutely sexy to do something completely frivolous like sleep for 14 hours.

I made my first batch of christmas cookies last night, and I used this butter that was ranked the best by Gourmet magazine. Apparently when you use really incredible butter, cookies and poundcakes taste so much better. My butter was from some organic farm in PA and had cute little cartoon cows on it.

My cookies were crappy. I know this is not about my cooking skills... Zee didn't like them either, though. Maybe we just don't like shortbread. However, now I am seriously reconsidering spending $7 for a pound of butter, which really only translates to one batch of crappy shortbread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home