Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Sarah Polley and Terry Gilliam (reminiscent of the "Griffin and Sabine" series)

I love "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen". If you haven't seen it, shame on you. It's on my Top 10 list. The movie reminds me of every single fantasy I ever had as a child, when it was still okay to dream the day away.

The child star, Sarah Polley, did grow up and become a fine adult actress. Did you see "Go"? She was in that. www.suzukitch.com/.../ v.image/v2.go/v-1.go.html

Follow this link
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1128162276690&call_pageid=968867495754&col=969483191630&DPL=IvsNDS/7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes

to find the recent correspondence between Polley and Director Terry Gilliam. Her remarks on perceptions of child actresses are illuminating, to say the least.

I remember Polley fondly, she attended an audition my mother dragged me to when I was in third grade. She had the same concentration camp look I did at the time, she was just child sized (whereas I was this beanpole that stretched to the sky). I always thought that was the reason she landed the part.

I didn't mind so much, though. Most of the time, when I went to those horrible auditions, I hated the girl who got the part. She was always the sassiest, perkiest, and snottiest behind closed doors.

Sarah was different. She was quiet, shy, and non-abrasive. I'm glad she has done so well, and from her letters, she seems to be a thoughtful, insightful person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home