Thursday, December 22, 2005

Asshole Ex

So my ex just told Charky he won't be coming for Xmas. This is news. We knew he was having money problems, but he just kept waxing optimistic about the holidays. In fact, he hasn't been back here in months - he kept on saying, "I'll be there for Xmas."

I don't know what to say. I'm not sympathetic. I'm pissed. He apparently doesn't have any money to make the trip. I don't have anything nice to say about that, either.

When C and I first got together, he said that absolutely no relationship can come between you and your kids. Well, that is the excuse for why C is now not working, and now doesn't have any money. He claims he can't work because he's too busy caring for his new, paraplegic wife.

I have a real problem with that. She's perfectly self-sufficient, and doesn't exactly need a nurse. He is just using it as an excuse. The man became unemployed while we were married, and since has had problems gathering the motivation to remain employed. What the hell.

You know, life is hard and blah blah blah. But when we make the choice to live in this world we are taking on the difficulties, too. When we bear children, we further that responsibility and that debt in this world. We must face the difficulties with earnestness, and forget our own cares. It is the wants and desires of our children that now matter.

It isn't really the "I'm coming home for Xmas" thing. I could care less what holiday it is. It's the promise. Telling your child you will do something and then not sticking with it.

I'm tired of these lazy adults who can't make right in their lives. I don't have any sympathy. And I don't intend upon getting any for people who can't help themselves. It is those who can't help themselves and then don't even make an effort - don't even try - I have no sympathy for you.

Its men like that who make me want to have my tubes tied. You never know what kind of father a man will be until he has children with you.







Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home