Sunday, December 18, 2005

Movies, Sushi, Refrigerators and Antique Malls

What a weekend. Somehow I managed to do quite a bit. So much, I feel as though I've been away from work for a week. Shows you what you can do in just a few nights. Whoopee!

KIDS XMAS COMPLIMENTS OF TARGET
I bought Charky the coolest present ever. It's a $50 box containing 72 parts for A FORT. No more couch cushions on the floor. Your pillows and blankets won't disappear. This thing is awesome.

Z's son, who is four, asked for a lobster and a peanut- butter gun. We can't seem to make any progress in that department, so we bought him a karate outfit and a set of "The Thing" hands.

KING KONG:
Great, great movie. Someone told me that it was the best movie ever made. I think that is a pretty tall order, but I do know this movie is an absolute must-see in the theatres. Amazing. That Peter Jackson is one talented cookie. And Adrian Brody is hot. Even though his nose precludes his ability to successfully kiss women. If your nose squishes on her cheek, dude, it may be necessary to have it trimmed a bit. For emotional reasons.

REFRIGERATORS
I bought a fridge yesterday. I couldn't talk Z into stainless steel, and we couldn't talk ourselves into a model with a bottom drawer freezer. But the thing is monstrous, was a good price and is aesthetically pleasing on the inside. Done.

SUSHI
I dragged Z to sushi yesterday. For those of you who are in the Atlanta area, Ru San's is the best Sushi in town. There are three or four locations. The place is really affordable and the sushi is incredibly fresh. I was impressed Z had such a nice experience - he won't eat fish. Or crustaceans. Me, on the other hand, had an awesome roll with octopus, squid, eel, regular tuna, marbled tuna, salmon and roe. Triple yum.

MOVIE TRIVIA
I helped my team win second place last night. Yes, I do consider myself a movie buff. However, the talent pool was a bit limited in their exposure to pop culture. But yay. I love to win.
I was pretty impressed I was able to think so fast, I had about four beers on an empty stomach in about a 45 minute period. I need to go barhopping.

ANTIQUE MALLS
There is an antique mall in my town I discovered a few years back. I had Xmas money this weekend, so I dragged Z in there and we had a good time. We bought:

- A Fiestaware pitcher for his mother;
- An art-deco silver jewelry box for my sister;
- A 40s toy chest with antique marbles for my Dad;
- A set of '60s, Wonder Woman/Robin salt & pepper shakers
for my parents;
- A black armoire for our television. Shabby chic, great condition
all for $72.

Don't bother asking where this place is. I'm not telling.

XMAS TREES AND GROPING
Charky is out of town this weekend, so I was able to put my Xmas tree up this evening in one piece, with very little interupption. The sole distraction was caused by Z, who felt it was necessary to chase me around the tree and grope me while I was trying to get things accomplished. Nice to be groped, but what a boy.

All in all, a successful weekend. I'm going to be exhausted tomorrow.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home