Monday, June 12, 2006

26 Year Old Grandparent

"A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience"
Oliver Wendell Holmes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My lovely friend-almost-mother-in-law very aptly described my life right now:

"Life is what happens when we are busy making plans"

And it is so true.

Z and I got a little shake-up last week.

In February ’07 I may break some kind of World Record – the youngest step-grandmother in the world (26).

And I don’t live in a third-world country. I practice safe sex (as often as I can). I told my daughter she can’t have a boyfriend ‘til college. I had an excuse, dammit, for why I had a kid so early. I didn’t think (and I still don’t) that I’ll be able to have kids the longer I wait. Diabetes ravages the body over 20 years.

So I’ve spent the last three days or so drunk. Finished off the last half of the
Finlandia bottle, moved straight on to a new bottle of Pepe Lopez.

What do you want me to say?

I’m angry.

I’m pissed.

I’m disappointed.

I’m hurt.

I’m ready to tear apart some little 16 year olds and stick em both in some brainwashing camp for loony kids.

I can totally understand every "bad parent"’s poor impulse control right now.

Fucking teenagers. You can’t tell them anything – they rule the world and know absolutely every-fucking thing.

"A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience"
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home