Monday, November 20, 2006

What I'm Grateful For on a Sunday Evening

Part of my new project - saying aloud what I am grateful for so that I'm not always concentrating on the shit.

1. I'm cooking again, and it makes me really happy. I'm grateful for having the energy, curiousity, and creativity to want to play in the kitchen. I'm doing the 21 lb. bird this year...and making sweet potato casserole...and lemon pecan biscotti...and my christmas cookie baking extravaganza begins on Black Friday.

2. My daughter and I are having a pretty good time together. I'm grateful for having the patience to be less critical with her, to take time to listen. Today we talked about metaphors...she liked saying that Granpa's new dog is like an elephant.

3. I finished most of my final assignments for this stinking statistics class. I've had a really bad attitude about it, and I'm grateful for having the interest, the discipline, the attention span to actually try and pull this thing together.

4. My sweet little mouse kitty has turned into a super lovie lately. I'm grateful I had patience with him, even when he was biting and scratching and hissing at me.

5. I took a 5 character strengths test, and despite my surprise at the results, I was temperate enough to leave it alone for a day before I went back and looked at it further. Today it doesn't seem so surprising, because I had the temperance and discipline to give it a day to sink in.

6. Z and I are having great sex again. I'm grateful for having my sex drive back. Finally.

7. I've been pretty crafty lately...and have constructed two different xmas ornaments. I'm grateful for creativity...and my inability to be bored.

8. I keep sending my resume, hoping someone will finally bite. The fish are sleeping, I guess. Anyway, I'm grateful for my optimism/temperance - it's bound to happen sooner or later. I'm grateful I know that it isn't in my hands.

9. I love my new furry legwarmers. I'm grateful I had an extra dollar to spend.

10. I put together my best friend's birthday presents, and am going to mail them this week. I'm grateful my memory for important dates is finally returning.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 20, 2006 10:46:00 PM, Blogger taboot said...

i'm grateful that you are grateful and I love you more than words.

you give me strength even when you aren't

 

Post a Comment

<< Home