Sunday, May 24, 2009

This economy sure has me in the downs, and for the first time I'm not down for selfish reasons.

I'm amazed at how many of my online friends (facebook, myspace, bloggers)are in a really dark place right now. There seems to be this deep emotional ennui across the country; everyone seems to be going through terrible times - and not just financially. Relationship problems, addiction, you name it. These issues are going around like wildfire.

I'm concerned by the quiet desperation I'm hearing from my fellow technophiles. I wish I could help, and the only way I know how is to offer support. It doesn't seem like enough.


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:53:00 PM, Anonymous Johnny said...

Is it true that Newman's (from Seinfeld) mother lives in Cartersville? Also, I hear Cartersville has a a cool nuclear reactor there too, right by a bunch of neighborhoods.

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:35:00 PM, Blogger Snewo said...

Yes, Newman from there. Not sure if his Mother is still there.

It's a coal plant, with huge billowing smokestacks and some of the highest incidences of childhood cancer in the US. Supposedly going to be retrofitted for nuclear. Eyesore of hell. Sad eminent domain story: one of the prettiest valleys before it was built. And yes, there is a large extended community right around it. A realtor suggested we look around there, and we laughed at her and then fired her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home