Sunday, May 10, 2009

Writer's Block: How To Begin Blogging Again

To my faithful readers:

Some of you have commented about my writer's block - I haven't posted as often as I'd like over the past 6 months or so. Fortunately, I think that the writer's block has seemed to dissipate somewhat. I thought I'd share the remedy.

I've begun "blogging for cash" as my husband puts it. No, really. I'm blogging, writing web content, and developing SEO-friendly articles for websites. The pay is helping me pay the bills (just a bit) and the work is keeping me positive. I feel as though I'm doing something meaningful for my household, and I had forgotten how badly I need to write.

Yes, some of the subject matter is crap. But the actual exercise of writing has pushed me to do a lot of writing/thinking about writing...in creative terms.

I just feel better, and I wanted to share my remedy for writer's block. Start writing for money and discover that when you are forced to write the actual exercise makes your brain work differently...writing becomes something that seems second nature versus a chore you don't want to do.


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home