Thursday, January 13, 2005

My week has progressively improved. Still feel kind of out of it and odd, but I am back into "be kind to others" mode. I wonder if my bitchiness is just more apparent to others because I have cut off the link for emotional vampirism. I am no longer giving anything, or receiving the input, so they feel like an addict on the bends.

Went to the hot GP yesterday just for kicks. I haven't been to the Doctor in 8 months or so, and I have been remarkably healthy. Isn't that funny. Anyway, my GP is well known in my community of friends because he is the hottest drink of water in the Medical profession. He's about 6' 2", and Indian, and looks like some movie star from Bollywood. He speaks very, very fast, and I can generally push anything from him as long as I have put in adequate research on the JAMA site.

I need to email my friend in Philly. One of her exes was a topic of discussion outside of my closed room at the Doc's, between hot bollywood doc and his nurse. Apparently he was attempting to have his painkiller prescription filled at multiple pharmacies (copies made) all over a 100 mile radius, and was blowing his way through any questions posed. This patient had been outed when one pharmacy finally called the GP offices to check on the scrip. I questioned discussing it with my hot GP, but didn't feel it would be very nice to admit that

A. I knew his patient;
B. Could hear the conversation.

I wasn't eavesdropping, by the way. I honestly was trying to take a nap on the examining table while I waited. I can't sleep unless there is absolute silence, so they were distracting me.

Thought it was all kind of sad. This guy comes from a decent family and had pretty incredible talent at one time. I think he has spent the past ten years or so in and out of jail for petty drug offenses. Sad. I do think I should call my friend and tell her though, she has hopped in and out of bed with this guy over the drug decade and she might find it kind of amusing.... I hope.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home