Thursday, January 06, 2005

Sore mood for January

I've spent the past few days in a grumpy funk, and I can't identify the root of the issue. I know it isn't any type A disorganization freak-out, because I haven't been browsing The Container Store. So here I am again, writing things that make me happy, so that I am not altogether absorbed in my black mood.

1. The smell of rain at about 65 to 70 degrees, when it has been absolutely freezing before that.

2. Picking up my daughter from daycare and finding her on the playground, marching around in circles, with ten little kids following behind her. As I watch, I see her direct one to go get a toy, another to sit in a very specific 6 inch sphere, and another to crawl on all fours. If this kid wasn't made for Directing or Management I don't know what's up.

3. Drinking my christmas blend starbucks in the morning. Life sucks with Maxwell House.

4. Discovering my newly bought, outrageously expensive shirt that I didn't have time to try on fits perfectly. Yay for well-made clothing.

5. Ironing zee's shirts and finding you got a perfect crease. Men's clothes rock.

6. Finding out that they have begun allowing cage diving with the great whites in the Farallon Islands again. Apparently the view is a lot more violent, but the sharks are more acrobatic while they are hunting. Pleased I can visit my hometown and do it. Pleased I don't have to get my scuba certification either because they use a hookah.

7. Scrubbing my kitchen floor yesterday made me feel really good. I don't know why.

8. Getting my kid to clean her room, after having had asked a thousand and a half times. Woo-hoo!

9. Discovering my to-do list at work is half-done (shh...don't tell anyone) and that progress is finally being made. Maybe your silent thing that goes on when you are in a severe funk produces productivity. Whatever.

10. Using my new hand lotion. Love freesia.

11. Realizing I will have enough money to go blow on an all-clad saute pan, versus that other cheap crap.

12. Watching zee's new DVDs of Carnivale. That show is awesome.

13. Reading the NY Times article about Tofu. I love Tofu.

14. Knowing kitty's ear infection is getting better.

15. Had an extra hour of sleep last night, making the grand total of 6 hours. Absolutely thrilled and felt divine.

13.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home