Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year's!

Although we are now a few days into the New Year, I was honestly way too self-absorbed yesterday to do any holiday reflecting. Here are my resolutions, let's take them with a grain of salt. I can always rationalize my Aries-hood - we are unable to complete tasks, but we are really great at envisioning them.

1. This year is a pinnacle birthday for you, sweetie-pie. You were determined to work on losing that weight. The working out 3x per week thing is just not cutting it. I think we are going to have to go radical, and that is perfectly okay. We are going to visualize what your life was like, a long time ago, before recreational activities, marriage, and children got in the way. Do you remember what it was like to go running 3x per day, because you were determined you must have the hottest body of all time? It worked. Even though it seems scary and awful, we have to do something about this, pronto. Those clothes need you....

2. The idea of being done with your education in the normal, prescribed time period has put you into a cosmic funk. Let's fix it. Stop being afraid you'll fuck up your GPA if you double up on your courseload. You are superwoman. Your daughter says so.

3. We also need to work on the financials, baby. You can't just be in debt solely for your education. Let's make some more money so that you can be in debt towards your education but maintain your income-to-debt ratio and purchase a fixer upper. The housing market in your crappy hometown is booming - let's take advantage. It's coming down to either doing it yourself or submitting a business plan to Dad. Let's be honest, you don't have the time to formulate your idea, so keep plugging out those scholarship essays and afford your own place.

4. Zee has been working hard to get his shit together also. Keep congratulating his courage, loving his endurance for hardship, and encourage him as much as he needs. You don't have to overdo it, but you two make an exceptional team, and he needs your cheerleading as much as you need his.

5. Screw those child psychologists. I am not going to give up and allow my child to not clean her room, and simply shut the door, as they suggest. My parents did that to me and I didn't learn those essential cleaning skills. Continue to forge ahead and make that child a neat-freak.

I heard word of my ex-best friend yesterday, and it really got me down for some reason. Although it was kind of nice to hear that he was inquiring after me, to hear the things he said afterward that showed his lack of evolution just reminded me why I cannot trust him as a friend.

It seems really hard to maintain healthy friendships anymore. Zee and I discussed how there needs to be a certain level of loyalty and trust that comes with friendship, and it is completely useless without it.

As much as I miss my former friend, I don't believe I can believe he has changed any. I know that my life is simpler, quieter, and more beautiful in many ways without him around. I can only hope that he can change, but after a while, your cynical sense teaches you that people rarely do. What a shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home