Thursday, February 24, 2005

My week of drowsiness, contentment, and the feeling of being inebriated

Strange and Wonderful things that have happened to me this week.
(Sneak Peek - I am supposed to be studying)

1. Zee's sex drive returned. Too bad mine didn't. Whoops.

2. My Pell Grant money came. Too bad it is going straight to the man.

3. Just got off the phone with hyperfine teammate from school. Had an interesting conversation about how he needs to go to Brazil to check out the Brazilian wax, plastic surgery, and etc. I think I made him feel better, he seemed inspired when we hung up.

4. My daughter's case of strep has evolved into perma-run in the nozzle.
5. Don't ever watch FX "DVD movies". Last night we watched their DVD version of "Speed" and it was like a bad rabbit ears flick from the po' days. (Complete with blackouts, pauses in the shot, runs across the screen and etc.)

6. I have been really busy at work - my friend M and I have been playing email tag for three weeks. I feel bad about it, I need to call her. I'm afraid she is getting snowed into a bundle of Frosty the Snowman in Philly.

7. My Great White presentation for class (Why you should support the UN resolution to render the Great White Shark an endangered species, or in layman terms, why it is okay to nuke shark-fin commercial fishboats from Japan) is done and I am really proud of my powerpoint, it is absolutely beautiful. Love my sharkie pics, I am going to have to make a mural or something. Zee says I am nuts.

8. Talked to my lovely friend in Atlanta today - she works at this ultra ritzy law firm - the kind where you have to wear hose, heels, and a skirt of appropriate length every day. She got permission to go on a sabbatical to South Africa, and they are paying for her to spend three months there doing AIDS outreach stuff. I am thrilled for her. How cool is that? I have a role model.

9. Another friend is going to become engaged in two months in Memphis. I think it will be the shock of her life when she doesn't receive the 9K Tiffany ring she wants. Pray for her salvation from the land of commercial doo-dads, money-lovin, and playa hatin.

10. Watched the Hip hop special on VH1, and started ranting and raving right about the time that Biggie and Tupac got shot. Started throwing things at P.Diddy on the TV. I hate that man with a passion. What a poser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home