Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I left my heart in San Francisco ( even though the truth is that he is in the kitchen, cooking dinner )

So my wonderful friend, the one who in another life, is the gay father of my love child, called me last weekend from San Jose.

His boyfriend has a pretty awesome job. He works for a kids TV network, and he produces the roadshows. I haven't taken my own daughter to see one of these things yet - I figure she watches enough dang cartoons - but I do think it is a wonderful job. Boyfriend travels around the world doing this stuff - the Middle East, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, all over the US - and gets to spend time with people who actually are pretty happy about doing something positive for kids. You have to admit, some of those shows are great... I discovered morning cable cartoons with my daughter when I was unemployed years ago. You have to watch Oswald sometime.

Anyway, my friend has very, very Southern Baptist parents, who still haven't got over the only-son-is-gay thing. His Mom sends him a lovely Valentines card, and yes, I am pretty sure it was the first time something that thoughtful crossed her head. Within the card is a newspaper clipping from her local Southern Baptist Times, discussing some passage ( I still have no idea which one ) in the Bible that basically says prostitutes, gays and the like are all going to hell.

Now my sweet friend didn't call to talk just about that. He mostly was just filling me in on my need to hear about San Francisco. He went to some of my favorite places there, and I gave him some more hints on others to visit.

But the fact is this: How evil is that? Just stick your hate in an envelope with a stamp, like any other normal person. That was just uncalled for. The Valentine's Day card expressed either her extreme idiocy ("He'll take this better because now he knows I love him") or her extreme idiocy (" I found this clipping, I had set it on my desk, but I forgot to send it to him. Let's just shove it in this nice card I bought.")

I am not sure she gets my AS$@HOLE OF THE WEEK award, but she is sure working on IMBECILE OF THE WEEK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home