Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Tomorrow is D-Day, and I am becoming a bit nervous about the whole thing. I was all stoked about the Contender finale rerun that is on tonight ( I missed it last night ) and when I turned the TV on I realized that the finale is on at eleven. This is a bit late. Now I am nervous about watching it until one and attempting to get up at 5. Hmm. I'm getting to old for this stupid anxiety. Surely there are more pressing things to be anxious about.

Oh yeah. How could I forget. One of my lovely professors and I have begun a friendship - chatting, going to lunch and the whole bit. She is trying to get me to work for her attorney. She believes that I need to go to law school. When I explained that the idea of becoming a lawyer is a little noxious right now - seeing that the only attorneys around me are consumed and obsessed with money and other boring material pursuits - she told me that my opinion is just a symptom of my burn out.

Anyway, her attorney is, in her mind, one of the last vestiges of "real people" who still works for a successful firm in a ritzy building in Atlanta. So here is my dilemna:

A. Am I interested in appellate law, specifically researching for applicable briefs and motions?
B. Am I willing to step into the world of litigation, when I have been stuck in the comfort of a corporate environment? (COMFORT? WHAT COMFORT?)
C. This firm expects a great deal of pro bono work, even from non-attorneys. Will I enjoy getting the opportunity to do that and get paid for it?
D. What about wearing stockings every day, and having to allot money for manicures? Right now I have settled into the comfort zone of just clipping my fingernails off.
E. Will working for a small firm bother me?
F. Will traveling for court irritate me?
G. How do I feel about commuting to the city? Although I am commuting ridiculously far, I had always said that my next job would be closer to home.

I am supposed to call tomorrow. Ouch. Lots going on.

Do I have anymore valium, or did I give it all away?

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 25, 2005 10:39:00 PM, Blogger taboot said...

My 2 cents....


A. It is interesting, however briefs and motions can become monotonous and bothersome after a while. All the arguements seem too much the same within the same level of the court.
B. Corporate environment does have an air of security and comfort; especially in comparason to litigation, but then again, what do I know...
C. I don't know, will you? Maybe it depends on HOW MUCH you'll be getting paid for it...;)
D. TROUSER SOCKS are a wonderful invention, and pant-suits for women are the bestest thing ever, and as far as manicures, not completely necessary...just as long as they don't look chewed...unless of course you are looking for a reason to actually get a manicure regulaly.
E. I dunno, will it?
F. All depends on where you have to go...
G. Where in the city? Some places in the city may be considered closer than the commute you make now.

You should have some more valium. I'll give you some if you need more.

That's just my opinion, not that you asked, but you knew I'd give it, now didn't you?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home