Thursday, September 01, 2005

$$$$ for Hurricane Katrina Victim?

Everyone:

I just heard from my friend Rodney (Rodney Toady, or the student who ran for congress for those of you that remember) - he's a student at Loyola and is now stranded somewhere in Indiana with his roommate's family. Fortunately, they evacuated at the first voluntary evacuation and are physically okay. Unfortunately, Rodney is a classically starving student -worked a couple of admin jobs and waited tables while he studied - and has about $60 left. No word, of course, on his possessions in his dorm.

I sent him the info from the FEMA site, I get the feeling he isn't really doing too well (crying, traumatized, etc.) and he can't research ways to get help.

If anyone has any ideas about who Rodney could call/ask/contact for emergency relief assistance ($$$), so he can afford to head to another University, I would appreciate the help. Please post info in the comments section, I will be happy to distribute to Rodney's email.

Much love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home