Monday, December 26, 2005

Xmas in Snewo's House

For all you people who neglected to come hang yesterday - SCREW YOU. My family is way cooler than yours. And less drama. You missed out.

Xmas was successful. I think everyone was genuinely happy with what they received, despite the fact that money seemed a bit low this year.

Here are the things I received that made tears come to my eyes:

1. An I-Pod.
I've been wanting one all year, and just hadn't told anyone. It's one of the shufflers, which is a little weird, but I'm just happy I can now listen to tunes in my car that I picked. Sirius is next...

2. A Winter Coat.
Because my wool peacoat is ugly now...there is only so many times you can take it to the dry cleaners. This coat is definitely not something I would've picked for myself but it is absolutely gorgeous and I can now see myself wearing it. I am starting to think my Mother envisions me as a Victorian woman a la a Gibson Girl. That strikes me as odd.
On another bright note, I did finally find my leather jacket after missing it for two seasons - it was tucked away in a box. Now to get that to the drycleaners....

3. A Home Depot Gift Certificate.
Because my brother only knows me too well. He's a supastar. Now I can go ogle bathroom hardware and medicine cabinets. Oh and shelving systems.....YUM.

4. My house.
Z completely orchestrated the move to our new house, and thoroughly cleaned the old place. I couldn't ask for a better gift. My Dad helped oh-so-much with the closing costs...he's a supastar also.

I wish you all a merry holidays. Remember, if you don't celebrate Chrissmus (see the C.S. Lewis post below), be sure to say that you celebrate Xmas. You won't seem like such a phony if you admit it outright.

I read today that we are remembering the one-year anniversary of the tsunami disaster. I had forgotten that it fell around this time of year, and now I am struck with an intense sadness thinking about the people in this world who have suffered so much in the past year. I'm not sure if so many weather-related events happen on a yearly basis in such a catastrophic manner. Last year sure seemed like a doozy.

For those of you who still haven't given your tithe to charity this year, please do. Many people out there are unable to celebrate in the way we deem normal. Although money is the root of all evil, if it can be used to help some family buy a nice dinner or pay their heating bill, I am full on in support. And the tax year is almost over. In order to get your charitable contribution deduction, you better do it quick.

Much love.
Snewo

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home