Friday, February 23, 2007

A Letter To My Future Self

One of my favorite bloggers, "A Crow In The Snow" http://www.crowinthesnow.net/blog/ is part of a blogging community called "Community of Bloggers" http://www.pluggedout.com - oddly enough.

I admit that my visit to the Community was a bit capricious. I'm haphazardly keeping an eye on this whole "commercialization of blogs" thing, because it means something to me at work. Hence meaning something to me monetarily, which, oddly enough, is really one of my passions at the moment. Who knew that someone like me - the "Defensively American Poor" - is interested in the almighty dolla.

But I found this link in the Community detailing suggestions for Memes. I like memes a lot. In my current proud zealotry of blogging I said that I would only write about things meaningful. That's really narcissistic, isn't it? "But I love memes....", so says my monkey mind. "Memes are easy and fun and remind me a bit of that game we used to play in 5th grade where we listed 4 boys we liked, then the four places we could live, then how many babies we could have...."

Mindless fun. And I'm so tempted right now.

One of the memes was a little deep and difficult, though.

"WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR FUTURE SELF".

Wow. That's hard. What do you say? Do you try and make your current state of affairs seem better than it is? Do you try and make the you of now a significant creature? Aren't we all stuck in this place of insecurity, wishing we were doing more fun things, enjoying the journey more and blah blah blah?

Well yes. I dare any one of you to say

"Absolutely not. I'm in the best place of my entire life and I couldn't ask for more."

I'm not being pessimistic. I just don't know anyone that content. If I can find someone who will say that to me I'll probably pull a nut-job like my godmother did and start following that happy content person around the world, the way she did with the Maharishi.

So that is my homework project for the next few weeks. Try and write a letter to my future self, and describe my life the way it is. That seems awfully revealing, doesn't it? Yick. I hate feeling vulnerable. Aaargh. This sounds way yucky as each minute passes.

It's a date. See Snewo's "Letter To My Future Self" in an upcoming post.


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home