Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'M A GRANNY!

By the time most of you read this, I'll be the youngest granny on earth. We got the call at 4 AM, and our valentine's day baby is coming very shortly. I'm anxious and excited and pissed because I have a cold and can't go hug my step-daughter right now.

I actually got a little wistful a minute ago while making coffee.
For those of you who don't have kids, I'm sure you can imagine the absolute crazy thrill of having your own. And your first...that's the miracle moment right there.

My best-friend's http://www.transplantedgirl.blogspot.com little sister had her baby not so long ago. Read my post here...
http://anywherebut.blogspot.com/2006_07_01_archive.html

She asked me, beforehand, what it was like. I was really stuck. What do you tell someone about giving birth? The best explanation I have for the feeling is right here:

It's like falling in love for the very first time.

Trite and goofy, I know. But the absolute truth.

Wish me luck, and my step-daughter luck being a 18 year old single momma.

And yes, I intend to be called "Granny Goose".

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home