Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Just a Minute of Gratitude

Because I feel guilty for bitching.

1. My elliptical is finally fixed. Yay!

2. My house is well, and I realized that I avoided the flu this year! Yay for cubicle-free living!

3. Even though it broke over the weekend, my stupid crackberry is working. So I can check my voicemails. That's a Yay and really a BOO at the same time.

4. I was able to pay my mortgage this month.

5. I have all my W-2s, and I made 10K less last year since I took 3 months off work (fired). So I'll make more money off the guvment. Yay.

6. My friend Tamara is buying her first house! Yay for single moms everywhere!

7. My parents had a nice time in NYC over the weekend and arrived home safe. And got to go to the American Museum of Natural History, which is my new must-do place since "Night at the Museum". Which was great, by the way. For all of you little kids who really liked going to the museum it's our fulfilled fantasy.

8. My soon-to-be stepdaughter is fixing to bust, making me the youngest step-granny of all time. That's a yay and a BOO, but really, I'm grateful. That it's not me! Hahahaha.

9. I had a way-cool interview on Friday for a job I'd dream of and working in a place I'd like. For three very cool guys who seem like big funny brothers. I'm grateful for getting to go, and hope it will work out.

10. Today I haven't had a drink in 7 months and 2 days. Lately I've really, really wanted to pick up a bottle and take it home, but I've walked on by. In AA they ask newcomers to try moderate drinking, in order to see if they have a problem or not. I have no doubt, after I spend 10 minutes thinking about that bottle I pass in the grocery store, that I would buy it with the intentions of drinking moderately. And then proceed to finish the whole thing. And get irritated because I wasn't drunk yet, and go climb in the truck to head for the nearest gas station. And then buy something absolutely awful but in great quantities.....

But this is a grateful post. And I am grateful to be healthy (somewhat) and sane (even less somewhat) and getting by.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home