Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Just a Minute of Bitching

Snewo-lovers everywhere! Time to rejoice (and bitch) like usual! On Tuesday!

Just real quick, here are my bitches of the moment:

1. That I'm managing to feed my family on $37.50 per week is absolutely freaking ridiculous. And that is without any government assistance of any kind. The fact you can eat and wipe your ass and wash your hair and clean your ears for only $160 per month totally makes me realize what a spender I was. Now if I can just sustain this poverty-budget when I really have money, then I could pay back my debts.

2. My debts really are starting to suck. I went and got a credit report the other day because when you have an "adverse action" taken against you, the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) allows you a free report. In most states, you can have a free report anyway, but I figure as long as I'm getting screwed because my credit score sucks I should at least know why. Anyway, I know from doing this research project at my old job that under the FCRA, an insurance company can't take an adverse action against you in the case of medical debts. In some cases, showing why you were so poor (divorce, unemployed) will also help. HOWEVER...these standards apparently do not apply to employers. I've already been turned down by a job due to my "credit-worthiness". I'm beginning to believe that it will also effect my candidacy for this new insurance job I'm trying to get.

It's not like I have defrauded anybody. My credit card has been maxed out for over two years, and I've been steadily paying the interest ($150) each month, and a little extra when I can. Now that I'm unemployed, satan credit card company has turned over my $5k account to a debt collector, and it's on my credit report as a collection.

The other miscellaneous items on my credit report are all medical. After my car wreck in 2005, I tried to pay off everybody...the hospital, the EMT, the diagnostic lab, etc. (The car insurer refused to pay). I still apparently have a couple bills out there, mostly in little amounts like $30. It's amazing how they affected my credit-worthiness.

I know I've bitched about my current medical insurer. They're "Blue" and they suck for being my favorite color and being complete bitches at the same time. Anyway, I had to go to the shrink right after I started my job, and "Blue" hadn't sent me my new insurance card. So the stupid shrink has me in collections for a whopping $375, half hour consultation. Which the insurer is refusing to pay. Fuc&ers. And now I'm almost out of crazy meds, and I can't go back to the shrink until the bill is resolved. Asswipes.

So I'm bitching about my credit worthiness. I understand if I were to run up 3 or 4 credit cards and never pay them why I wouldn't be considered financially responsible. If I had declared bankruptcy, I understand. If I hadn't had paid off my two credit cards that my ex-husband ran up (10K) I would understand. Dammit, I pay who I can. Give me a goshdarned job so I can continue to pay who I can. And continue going to school, because apparently I can't get any more student loans either.

3. I missed watching Six Feet Under on Bravo last night because I had to get up early for an interview. Without coffee in the house.

4. I have to take Charky to Brownies tonight and I hate those catty women there and I haven't sold 100 boxes of girl scout cookies like they set the goal for. Bitches. Am I the only parent tired of selling crap for our kids? Charky gets upset because they won't give her prizes and let her participate in stuff because I won't sell crap for her, but dammit they've had 5 separate fundraisers already this year. Fundraise for me, fuc$ers.

5. Can you tell my blood sugars have hit 500 in the past four days?

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home