Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Eh. Social diplomacy needed here.

I am totally enamored of Craigslist. I enjoy the natural(?)ness of it - it just doesn't seem manufactured like everything else on the web.

But I have a rant and a concern.

Why do you people post nekkid photos of yourself online? Is there something wrong with you? And men - it's usually you. Why? Just why?

Forgive me - I'm a bit photoshy. And no, it's not a current self loathing that has made me that way - I hated photos of myself when I was a supermodel. I just didn't like or know the person in that picture. It's so....flat. Lack of feeling/thinking going on in a photo. Sorry, must be the Cherokee/Sioux/Seminole speaking.

Okay, and here is my other concern. What do you do when you find an old boyfriend who posted a photo of himself online? I'm not interested or anything...it it kosher to send an email saying "Oh hey, I saw you online and was just wondering how you were doing?" or "I just knew it was you based on your tatoo...and I was remarkably surprised how I recognized your body since you're really just one of several (ok, many). But hey, I'm not interested in your nekkidness or anything I just have thought about you and wondered if you were dead?".

How about "Hey I think you and I were in compromising position(s) for 9 mo. or so and I just knew that was you when I was surfing craigslist. Not that you were showing your private parts or anything. I'm in a nice thing right now and not looking for outside interference. But while I'm at it, why do you want to hook up with someone when your wife is out of town that is so incredibly gross and ill-mannered. Not that I'm surprised. And why are you seeking a black female, saying you prefer it? I don't remember that. Did something happen? Black women are pretty independent...I'm not sure they would put up with you very well. Just a comment. And that wallpaper...that is truly hideous. Aaargh. Did one of your girlfriends decide to try and play a joke on you so they posted yucky nekkid pics of you online and are going to assault you with some random encounter? So let me know how you are doing."

Is that an invitation? Especially considering I was looking at his nekkid pic? I'm just interested in how he is. Not in his goofy self-portrait in a mirror.

Oh, and this is a guy who went through a stalker phase for a while...

Any proper protocol from my advisors would be appreciated. I'm not so socially adept at all the games - I don't know what is appropriate or not.

And for Ms. Python: I'll send you the link.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home