Thursday, February 08, 2007

Tabernacle Baptist Church Missionaries Killed In Honduras Crash

Yes, in my old age I'm becoming less anti-establishment.

My daughter's 1st grade schoolteacher is the nicest woman in the world. I swear. Her husband is the Pastor of Tabernacle Baptist Church in Cartersville, GA. Since meeting her, my entire perception of Baptists has completely changed.

Two missionaries from Tabernacle were recently killed in a truck wreck in Honduras. 10 other passengers were injured.

Read about the slain missionaries here:

http://www.spcm.org/Journal/spip.php?article6380

I don't know if any of you are agnostic or atheists as I once was, but I've discovered prayer has made me a more content human. I think that is what we all seek for - grace and happiness and a certain sense that everything is alright.

If you can, please pray for the missionaries' families, and the Tabernacle Church family. They are grieving, and I completely understand. I don't have a single problem with us fortunates trying to bring something to those less fortunate. Missionaries should be commended for paying their dues.

Creative Commons License


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home