Friday, May 27, 2005

Let me help

Ouch. One of my oldest GA friends is having a bit of a meltdown. She has her own blog, which I daren't reveal until she tells me it is ok. The problem is, I read her posts, and feel absolutely miserable because it is her voice, in misery, very clearly discussing how unhappy she is.

I just want to be there, to hug her, to hold her, play with her hair and tell her it is okay. She is one of the few girlfriends I have had who I felt comfortable just snuggling in bed with. Some people in this world make you feel "home". You don't really figure it out until you and that person get in your PJs and watch TV together.

She is one of those people. She reminds me of my childhood, going to my best friend's house and watching Nick at Nite while eating Froot Loops from the box. She reminds me of the smell of "Sunflowers" - we wore that crap for way too long. She reminds me of Dr.Pepper flavored Lip Smackers - one of life's true treats.

I hope I can help. I really, really never expected to be a mom and not have her around. When we were young and stupid we said we would own houses next door to eachother, and have a mini commune in suburban Atlanta. I even know the neighborhood we would have bought our houses. These gorgeous, old millworker Victorians were built in the early 1900's, and are amazing. Huge ceilings, tongue and groove flooring, and victory gardens.

Zee and I drive around that neighborhood a lot, and many of the houses are for sale. I know she and I could afford it. They still go for dirt cheap. The lots are big, with well developed gardens. It reminds me of movies of the south - mimosas and porches with ceiling fans.

Come see me, my dearest girlfriend. We'll go hiking and find herbs and ramps, and cook a Southern feast like your Mother once did. We will tie dye onesies for your baby, and drink margaritas while we sunbathe naked in the backyard.

1 Comments:

At Friday, May 27, 2005 8:33:00 PM, Blogger taboot said...

i don't care if other people know where my blog is located...if I did I wouldn't have made it a public post!! I have to get down there to visit you soon....i'll be okay....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home