Tuesday, September 13, 2005

California Dreamin'

Yes, there is plenty I don't talk about when it comes to my home state. A few notables I'll try to only mention once (for preserving shock value)

- By 13, all of my friends had played around with crystal meth and heroin. Community in the top ten of Forbes' Most Expensive U.S. Cities list, not the Hollywood strip.

- My best friend was given a credit card by her mother when she dropped us off at the mall. I usually had $30 from babysitting. She was told, "Don't max it out. I just paid it off again."

And so on.

With great amusement (well, not really. More like shame) I read defamer's blog posts and links to news about Amanda Scheerer Demme, the hottest property to walk L.A.'s streets since that cute Johnny Knoxville-lookalike introduced Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan, Tara Reid et al to the incredible anorexic powers of cocaine.

Amanda Demme is a "lifestyle producer", and basically her current paying job is running a Studio 54-like pool bar alongside the newly restored Tropicana hotel. This thing reeks of exclusivity, and the young, middle-aged, old and washed up of Hollywood are dying for entry. Amanda strictly dictates who will be allowed into this tropical oasis in the midst of the smog.

Read about Mrs. Demme. Her pics are wonderfully manipulated - resembling Andy Warhol or Jackson Browne in their coollest, most exclusive heydays.

http://www.defamer.com/

Posted under Clubs: Nightlife: Tropicana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home