Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Science of Cooking (also known as, "Why your biscuits are hard as a rock"

I'm big on the science of cooking. I don't really know why, I just have great memories of my childhood, measuring flour for pancakes and bread, playing with yeast and etc.

Cooking is like some big chemical experiment, and you can eat your lab results. A few books address this (Encyclopedia Gastronomique et al). For example, "Why shouldn't you salt your steak/hamburger in the early process of prep?"

Found a new website to play with. Learn about fun with science, in a foodie kind of way.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/

I'm beginning to think I need a search engine customized for me so I can store all of my favorite sites. I'm running out of room in the old favorites column.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home