Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Let’s Play Catchup!

Here is what is going on in the wonderful world of Snewo:

I have a Braves Addict in the House

Z has turned into a Braves Addict. Last weekend, I had to watch a couple of hours of games, which was hard enough. However, this Braves thing has also brought out his inner Alpha male. We watched 2 hours of drag racing on FSN, and then a bunch of crap on ESPN, and then watched some of those idiots build custom motorcycles…..UGH. He needs some brainwashing. I’m going to get a hold of all of those "Desperate Housewives" episodes I’ve missed since I became an Alexis Arquette addict ("Surreal Life"). I’m going to tie him down to the futon, and he’s going to endure a whole day of it, and let’s see how much ESPN he can take after that.

I’m halfway kidding, of course.

My Elliptical Makes Me Low

I bought an elliptical, and its my new tv-watching routine in the evening. My biggest issue is this: once I work out, and go to bed, I have a ridiculously hard time waking up in the morning. However, instead of being bitchy about my sleep deprivation, I’m on new happy pills which make me kind of complacent about the whole thing.

The other issue I have with the elliptical is that it makes my blood sugars low, off and on. Whereas previously they were always high (240-480). So the disruption from normal is still keeping me tired and dazed all the time. I’m having a really hard time feeling aware/awake. On a personal level, I know I owe a bunch of people cards/flowers/phone calls/encouragement, but I can’t seem to focus long enough to actually complete the task.

Where’s my speed?

I Did My Dose of Counseling Yesterday. Don’t Call For A Good Vent For A Week.

I spent three hours last night counseling someone close to me. We’re kind of separated twins, so I’m probably the best person for the job. However, the talk kind of changed my world. I’m still processing all of the new information I learned, and figuring out how it made my perspective different. Here is what I have so far.

* I’M A PLODDER
Supposedly. I would argue I’m a mover and a shaker, since a lot of people seem to identify me as such. However, I was told last night that I’m just a really enthusiastic/energetic plodder. Like a turtle, but wearing a hot pink miniskirt, black fishnets, and a pair of Manolos.

* MY CAREER TALENTS LIE IN MY ABILITY TO PERCEIVE SITUATIONS IN WAYS THAT OTHERS CAN’T.
Um, maybe. I think that talent falls into my interest in strategy and business positioning, but I really have never heard it put that way before.

* I HAVE A CHEERLEADER IN MY CORNER WHO WANTS ME TO HAVE BABIES AS MUCH AS I DO
I kind of knew that, based on the horror-of-my-life-abortion-escapade, but it made me cry to hear it.
-------------------------------------------------------------
And that's about it for now. There is plenty more, but I'll have to finish later. I'm supposed to be productive now.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home