Monday, May 15, 2006

Research Your Hybrid

Z and I are coming pretty close to needing new vehicles - mine has 200,000 miles on it. We're pretty committed to purchasing at least one hybrid, as I don't see the amount of driving I do lessening anytime soon.

Well, the Webby Awards were just released, and one of the winners for "Guides" was the UCS Hybridcenter (Union of Concerned Scientists; www.hybridcenter.org.) There, you can plug in your driving needs, interests, and etc, and it will produce a guide for you that brings you all the statistics. For instance, I'm now into the idea of the second gen Prius, which starts at 20K and has 16 cubic feet of cargo room. If I kept it 10 years, I would save 25K at the pump....

Even better, the site gives you stats on what kinds of tax breaks you can earn from buying a hybrid. Awesome.


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home