Friday, December 30, 2005

I was lucky enough to get an ipod for Xmas. Meaning I no longer have any excuses to get me off of my treadmill.

I've been pondering what songs I want to stick on it. I'm such a cheapskate I probably won't be downloading off of i-tunes. So I am trying to re-acquire my thieved CD collection from Z (his car has a CD player - mine doesn't work after I jammed a CD in there the wrong way. DAMNIT to HELL). Once I have all of my CDs in front of me, I can then reassess my collection.

Its times like this where I miss an old friend. He had a CD collection to die for - he claimed that it was mostly acquired through rampant shoplifting excursions, late at night, at Walmart during his college year. Anyway, when I was 15-16 and dating him, I stole his car quite a bit just to be able to listen to his tunes. He had all the CDs you had as records a long time ago. You would pick through the leatherbound notebook and say, "Oh Shit. I forgot about that! This is so awesome!"

He made me listen to The Indigo Girls, of whom I am still ambivalent. I drove him nuts playing Heart's Greatest Hits.

His collection also made me realize the CDs I was missing. I discovered a friend had a theft issue, and ganked them from me at every opportunity. I wasn't angry about it, just really pissed off. There is a difference.

Here is a list of CDs I know were ganked, and still rub me the wrong way thinking about them:
1. The first Weezer CD - you know, the one with "The Sweater Song".
2. "The Craft" Soundtrack.
3. Green Day's "Dookie".
4. All of my Cranberries collection
5. My favorite Alice in Chains album. No, I don't remember which one.
6. The "Natural Born Killers" soundtrack
7. My limited edition, flashing light copy of Pink Floyd's "Pulse". Fuc&er.
8. The Rusted Root album
9. Two Led Zeppelin albums
10. Sheryl Crow's "Tuesday Night Music Club"
11. REM's "Automatic for the People"
12. And a freaking partridge in a pear tree.

Okay. I am a little angry now. This supposed friend only listened to Fiona Apple, so I don't know why he felt the need to have all my CDs.

I'm now seriously reconsidering my resolve not to purchase songs off of i-tunes. I miss a lot of that stuff.

Lately I've been dancing in my car to a few songs. In order to mentally remember that these tracks make my butt boogie, here they are. Note to Self: Search for these on i-tunes.

1. "Every Day is a Winding Road" - Sheryl Crow
2. "Least Complicated" - Indigo Girls
3. "Tripping Billies" - Dave Matthews Band
4. Any and all Depeche Mode
5. "Creep" - Radiohead
6. "Bittersweet Symphony" - The Verve
7. "Hey Ya" - Outkast
8. "One" - Aimee Mann
9. "One" - From "The Chorus Line"
10. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole
11. "Lose Yourself" - Eminem
12. "I live at home in a trailer" - Eminem
13. "Lounge" - Eminem
14. "I am the Monarch of the Sea" - H.M.S. Pinafore
15. "Anything Goes" - Anything Goes

Buy me songs on i-tunes and I'll blog about you.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home