Thursday, January 26, 2006

Smiling

okay...back to the "I need to be grateful" stage.
Here are the things that made me smile today:

1. Z's wonderful momma is coming to visit! And are we excited! Yay!!
2. Charky is getting an award tomorrow for being an "Advanced Reader". And she read her first book to me on Wednesday...the whole thing...by herself. I'm so proud!
3. Thinking about that little girl from North Carolina who completely wow'ed me on American Idol on Wednesday...she sang this Billie Holliday bit and I got the creepy crawlies up and down my arms. She's only 17! Wow!
4. My boss asked me to help him take this survey, for his own boss, about his job. Spur of the moment and I didn't stick my foot in my mouth! Yay!
One question:

"What is the one thing your employees can't stand about you?"

IS THAT A FREAKING LOADED QUESTION OR WHAT?????

5. I promised my daughter a surprise for her "Advanced Reader" award. I suggested a basket from Bath & Body Works, since she wasted all of her pseudo-step sister's body spray on the cats. Charky seemed to like the idea a lot. YAY! For the first time, she actually is acting girlie!
6. Speaking of which, she made me smile last night when I put her to bed. I told her to dream of princesses and unicorns. She curled her lip, a la Elvis, and said, "Mommmmmmmyyyy....that's so girlie. I wanna dream about Batman...and Robin...and Flash....and Superman...."
7. Very soon, I will have extra income in the house. Provided I don't have to spend it sending my daughter to private school so she can escape the neo-fascist Georgia public school system, I will be able to start saving wedding money! So start saving your change...we're going to the beach!
8. My mean ol' one-eyed Koi named Z (Charky's idea) hasn't eaten the cute new Koi named Charlotte....YAY!
9. Oh yeah, my lovely "the faery patch" friend got one of those weird piercings on her lip....and she looks beautiful! She just started a MySpace page...when I gather the link I'll post it! She's a doll!
10. I haven't taken a sick day yet even though I'm dying to....I have to save five days this year to rollover for the wedding next year....Wish me luck, I'm trying really hard....

Love you all.

XOXOXO
Snewo



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home