Thursday, March 02, 2006

Don't laugh. It could happen to you.

This morning when I got out of my car, a button popped off of my new silk shirt. I really like this shirt...it feels yummy. Anyway, no biggie. The button was geographically located on the upper part of my abdomen. I just held my purse against it while I traversed up the elevator.

Safety Pin fix and things were just fine. Not perfect, mind you, but at least I didn't have to feel the safety pin. The only time my anal-retentiveness was stimulated was while I traveled past a mirror.

So I sat down at my desk around noon after a boring class this morning, and PING! Another freaking button pops off and zings through the air. This button directly covered the mid portion between my cleavages. So I have this 6 inch gap in my shirt from two missing buttons.

What do I do?
A. Pretend I don't notice, like the nerd whose ink pen has spilled all over his pocket.
Hope people are nice enough to think I'm still smart, and not some cretin.
B. Walk around with a book or a pile of papers covering my front. Look dumb as hell
when I go heat up my veggie burgers in the cafeteria or go to the restroom (which
I do have to do - both - I'm hungry and I've had to pee since the second button
popped off).
C. Go home. Get to my car, strip off this crappy shirt, and put my t-shirt on that I
was going to wear running this afternoon. Enjoy the 70 degree weather.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home