Friday, September 16, 2005

As I may have mentioned before, my partner in crime, Z, is an avid gamer. This usually provides plenty of chuckles and giggles when I tell someone this- whether after I leave the room, or right in front of me. Somehow, back in the '80s when Dungeons & Dragons really peaked, people got the impression that gamers were really just a new face for nerds. You know, those goofballs with pocket protectors and thick glasses and overwhelming acne.

For those of you who know a gaming geek, read this:

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2003/09/rpg_life.html

True story about a gaming geek with really bad social anxiety syndrome, who can't get laid. He uses gaming to help him meet people. "If I go talk to that woman, I will get 3+ power points", and etc...truly funny stuff.

You're laughing now. Asshole.
WHAT GROUP DID YOU RUN WITH IN HIGH SCHOOL?
(Refer to "The Breakfast Club" for more analysis)

Me, I hung out with everyone. I guess I found a reason to like everybody. What's wrong with that?

However, I do admit to having a deep, subconscious desire for geeks. Perhaps not as aggressively as Shannon Elizabeth in "American Pie:2", but I always have a twitch in my mouth about the geek in the room. I can't help it. I always found it incredibly sexy to be smart, and even sexier if you are smarter than I am (Ring Ring goes the streak of narcissism).

Think about it. Lots of geeks are hot, and getting hotter by the minute:

Bill Gates: How could the richest geek in the world not be hot? Ever see pics of his self-sustaining techie mansion-compound? What women doesn't want to run the richest guy in the world's charity?

Lloyd Dobbler http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098258/: If you haven't seen my favorite love movie, "Say Anything", scroll down. If you have, you know that John Cusack was the hottest chameleon/kickboxing geek ever. Wow.

Cameron Crowe http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001081/: If I mention "Say Anything", I have to mention Cameron Crowe. The guy behind "Say Anything", "Vanilla Sky", "Jerry Maguire", "Almost Famous" and "Singles" is one of the hottest geeks ever. Besides, he's married to Nancy Wilson, "the skinny one" from Heart. Arguably the band behind some of the best love ballads of all time, and one of my secret addictions. Yes, I sing the CD through while I'm driving. Now I can't get "Magic Man" out of my head.

Carrot Top: Don't even start on me. I didn't begin to feel this way until my friend Holly sent me a pic of buffed out Carrot Top: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.worth1000.com/entries/34500/34607cube_w.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.worth1000.com/cache/contest/contestcache.asp%3Fcontest_id%3D958&h=339&w=500&sz=39&tbnid=-lMvAV82-G0J:&tbnh=86&tbnw=127&hl=en&start=13&prev=/images%3Fq%3DCarrot%2BTop%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN.
Just google his name to see - he really does look like that. Sorry, I have a thing for male redheads. I dated one who kind of looked like a taller, skinnier Carrot Top, and was utterly disappointed to find out it would never work in bed for us.

Leonardo DiCaprio: I certainly don't find him hot, I like my men looking like men. But lots of chicks do like the little man-boy. And I hate to break it to you, girls, but Leo is a geek. Men don't look like plucked chickens, drive a Prius, and talk about the solar panels on the roof of their house. And if they do, they are geeks, and are perfectly acceptable.
(http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:iPRJQoNMT7kJ:www.renewableenergyaccess.com/rea/news/story%3Fid%3D10616+%22Leonardo+DiCaprio%22+environment+%22solar+energy%22&hl=en)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home