Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Anxiety, Zen and Apathy

I took a much needed personal day yesterday. Yes, I may be ill. However, I am more inclined to believe that I am just depressed.

I'm not really sure why. Over the past month, all I look forward to is going to sleep. Yes, typical trials and tribulations are bothering me, but nothing unusual. I can tell I'm depressed because I usually respond to environmental stress with hyperactivity. In a way, I'm more apathetic now. Who cares if the bills get paid? Who cares if pseudo-teen stepdaughter runs away? Who cares if my daughter is having a horrible time adjusting to the public school system? Who cares if there are boxes to unpack- a garden to plan- carpets to vacuum?

While apathy may be a zen-like state, in my case, I may be on the other edge of normal. On the far left you have my typical Type A anxiety. In the middle is zen contentment. And I'm on the far right....

Give me 90 degree temperatures on a beach, please. I would probably sleep into a really nice sunburn.




Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home