Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Mediocre Houseworking Skills

I've never been known for keeping a spotless house. In fact, I notice that the cleanliness of my house is directly related to both my relationship status and my mood. But I digress.

Anyway, the reason I can't keep house is because I was raised to expect that I would have a maid. I understand that concept is a bit controversial. It is not in any way an expression of my uppity-ness. I understand my skillset. Why the hell would I delegate tasks to myself that I know I could not accomplish as effectively or efficiently?

An University of Michigan research study confirms my theory. From
"Factoids". Research Alert, Oct 21, 2005 v23 i20 p4(1)

* "Each additional hour spent on housework by women in their 20s and 40s reduces their wages by 0.1% and 0.4%, respectively. [Women] (University of Michigan research, published in Contemporary Economic Policy, Apr. '05; researcher Paula Malone; phone: 734-647-5607)"

So screw you people who try to blemish my pursuit for independent wealth.




Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home