Thursday, March 30, 2006

Holllllaaa

Well hullo there. I haven't been near you in a while, and it's nice to see you.

My life has been busy, you see, and I've been trying to take a break.

Simplify, you know. Cut a lot of extracurriculars out, and you'll be suprised how detached you can become.

Don't feel bad. I haven't been near any other page, either. I don't really know what's happening in the news. Other than my email updates from the LA Times Travel and Food sections, I just haven't wanted to keep up.

I'm suffering from information overload, you see. People with photographic memories can only deal with so much visual stimuli. I was beginning to dream about Dick Cheney and K-Fed and Orbitz and my Newsgator feed and the GA schoolteacher/Statutory Rapist...

But I'm okay. I laid off the booze, too. I was really on a run, there, and I wasn't feeling too happy about it. I haven't had alcohol in three days now, and I'm doing okay. I miss being able to veg out and temper my Type A anxiety, but I need to pursue other pursuits with less calories.

Which is why I'm going to start smoking pot again. Did you know that I haven't smoked pot on a daily basis for almost 8 years now?

Perhaps with a little pre-meditation (the zen kind) I can curb the paranoia that ensues when you begin to partake again. I just know that I need a little calm, and a few tokes in the evening may do the trick.

But it is nice to see you again. I'll stop by soon, and you can tell me what has been going on in the webosphere.

And I'll tell you about the quiet place I've been in. No phone, no emails, no websurfing, no news.

Just a little American Idol and the "Mary, Queen of Scots" biography I'm reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home