Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Fun with Springtime

I'm still suffering from information overload, so we're going to take it nice and slow with the Snewo updates.

Here goes.

1. We're moving Z's Momma!
Z, best friend cute-dwarf (think Legolas w/ that ugly dwarf Gimli's stature), and I are flying to Austin June 30th, and helping the momma move to C-Vegas! I'm so excited! I imagine lots of uncontrollable giggles, car-induced headaches and thanking my lucky stars I live in a place as progressive as C-Vegas (chortle, chortle) when we pass through Mississippi.

2. I got seeds!
Check out www.rareseeds.com, and tell me you didn't whip out the Visa and spend $50. I bought more herbs than I'll know what to do with, striped tomatoes, asian melons, "dragon-fire" stir-fry mix (mixed greens), specialty flat onions, huckleberries, echinacea, morning glories, tonga di paringi carrots, white cucumbers, blue poppies.....

So now I'm busy trying to clear the downhill acre of leaves that sits behind my house. Pretty soon I'm gonna get all butch and rent a rototiller...unless I can convince C-ex to drive a tractor for me when he comes in a month...

3. Wrestling shoes rock.
My man won't wear any shoes but wrestling shoes. I just thought he was weird and quirky when I met him, but his explanation later made a lot of sense. You see, wrestling shoes soles are really soft on the feet. Like moccasins. And I totally believe there are a few reasons that Z's skin looks as good as mine (13 year age difference, and I'm told I have great skin), he has no wrinkles, and his feet are as smooth as a baby's. He likes colored shoes - just like me - and I can live with that because the hottest men around when I began to ogle men where those sexy surfer/skater boys with colored vans or converse. Later it progressed to the vintage styled, colored Docs. I had a hunter green pair that were to die for. And don't get me started on my platform gold-glitter jellies from Neiman Marcus.

But I digress, like usual.

So we've been lazy, and wrestling shoes are expensive. Poor man hasn't had new shoes in forever and a day, and boy do I feel guilty about it. (He fell down a flight of stairs a few weeks ago because he doesn't have any tread, and it rained).

But I bid on a pair on ebay and I won! And those normally ridiculously expensive wrestling shoes - a plain, basic ugly pair are $70 - are on their way for $20! WE LOVE EBAY!

3. Smoking makes all the difference.
Yesterday I got home, holed up in the bathroom, and took a few tokes from Z's new stash. I then went outside and raked leaves on the hill of leaf-hell for an hour. Felt nice. A little out of tune, which unnerves me (control-freak), but sated. I didn't do my normal night-time anxious munching, either.
If I have to give up a few days of alcohol, I can live like that. Sunshine and a little pot seem to be a good combination. When you have a nice breeze going, you don't feel all overheated and lazy.
Summertime comes, and with 95+ weather, we may have to try something else out. Anyone have a recipe for marijuana-margaritas?



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:59:00 PM, Blogger taboot said...

okay, so you know that the 30th of june is the weekend that I'm going to be down there.

 
At Saturday, April 08, 2006 4:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Z's momma loves you.
Herself

 
At Sunday, May 07, 2006 10:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of wrestling shoes? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home